iMaptools offers place name geocoding solution world-wide coverage. It includes over 5.6 million names worldwide plus nearly 2 million additional names in the U.S. and territories. We offer a complete turnkey geocoding solution that will run on your servers. The geocoding solution can be used as a web based application, run from the command line or called from scripting languages, like ASP, PHP and Perl. It can easily be integrated into your sites or integrated with you existing applications.
- Data is from the United States Board on Geographic Names. If there is a named place in the world that is recognized by the U.S. government it will be in this data set.
- Requires MySQL or Postgresql database
- Clean API for both Perl and PHP
- Includes simple web service interface based on PHP
- Searching based on partial data
- Fully populated search results
- Fuzzy searching
- Filter results on feature classes, like populated place, geography feature, water feature, etc
- Reduce your time to market – We provide a simple turnkey solution that quickly enables your site or application with place name geocoding.
- Lower your costs – it would take weeks to research the data, write and test the code to accomplish this. This affordable package probably cost less than doing it yourself and allows your staff to say focused on your core competencies.
- Data in tab delimited text files for easy loading into a database
- Database loading scripts for MySQL and Postgresql
- Source code for geocoder
- iMaptools offers a site license which covers all data, source code and other deliverables. We allow private labeling of our products. While we would appreciate a link back to iMaptools.com it is not required.
- We do not have any monthly or annual maintenance fees.
- Worldwide Place Name Geocoder license costs US$1,000.